The Netherlands is discussing closer cooperation with Egypt in such areas as good governance and the rule of law. Foreign minister Uri Rosenthal recently held talks on the subject with his colleague Mohamed Kamel Amr in Cairo.
With the first bags of conflict-free tin leaving the mine in South Kivu, Democratic Republic of Congo, on 24 October the Conflict-Free Tin Initiative (CFTI) has officially started. This marks the beginning of the flow of minerals through a controlled supply chain outside the reach of armed groups.
At the annual meeting of the World Bank in Tokyo, international cooperation minister Ben Knapen has welcomed moves to modernise the Bank under its new president Jim Yong Kim.
- World Food Day: Netherlands invests in agricultural research
- Knapen: Dutch investment boosts fresh milk production in Vietnam
- Knapen: growth market for sustainable food in Vietnam
- Rosenthal discusses cooperation with China
- Minbuza.nl migrating to Rijksoverheid.nl
- Knapen to visit Vietnam
- Knapen: new times call for new international approach to development